Sunday, July 21, 2013

Phase II Update

I have been reminded by more than a few of you that I have not posted for some time. I have been working on the car though Lori reminds me that there needs to be balance in our lives so every waking moment is not spent in the garage. Ask me about the bathroom remodel. Sigh. Yet progress is being made. One of the things I am finding is that my approach to methodically working through each stage has it's advantages and disadvantages. The main purpose of this approach is to make sure that any area that I am focused on gets completed and I do not have a bunch of half finished sections on the car. While it helps me to not forget something, it can considerably slow me down when I need parts or have to stop figure out how something goes back together. Many parts deliveries and much head scratching later, I think I have a logical transition point. That being from the rear end to the front end. The two areas I have been focusing on are getting all of the work finished in the rear of the car and getting all of the under dash components in so I can install the dashboard.

The latest accomplishments are: The wiring harness is completely in and all connections are identified and labeled, the windshield is in (it only took three times for me to like the result), the windshield wiper motor and mechanism is in, most of the dashboard components are mounted, both tail lights are in and wired up as is the license plate light. Essentially the complete rear end is wired and ready to go with the exception of the fuel gauge wiring for the gas tank.

Next stop. Headlights and front turn signals.


Windshield and Wiper Motor Assembly
 




 
Wiper Boxes
 


Taillight Assembly
 





Wired up taillight
 
Trunk latch and License Plate Light Assembly
 
The latch is new the plate light cover is well over 50 years old


Complete Rear End


Headlight and Turn Signal components
 


No comments:

Post a Comment